Personal Information Collected Via Our Services
Information You Provide. You may visit and enjoy many elements of our Services without disclosing any personal information about yourself. However, to make use of select, special or enhanced elements of the Services, you will need to share with us certain personal information so those elements may function properly or otherwise in accordance with notification published at the applicable location where such information is required. When you use such elements within our Services (e.g., create a profile, register for a promotion, make a purchase, or access special content), the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name,
- Email address,
- Street address,
- Telephone number(s),
- Birth date,
- Payment card information,
- Location data,
- Contacts (as stored in your wireless device),
If we collect such information, in most instances, the applicable page(s) or location(s) within the Services will include statements regarding what information is required for the elements of the Services to function properly and functionality for you to submit the requested or required information. In addition to the list above, there may also be opportunities for you to grant permission for use of other of your information in a manner set forth on the applicable page(s) within the Services.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
- Use your information to provide services you've requested or provide you with offers, promotions (e.g., a sweepstakes, fantasy game, subscription to goods or services, etc.) or content or add you to our mailing list;
- Share your information with certain third parties, including service providers, sponsors and promotional partners, so they may help us provide services, offers, promotions or content you've requested, or otherwise in accordance with the applicable rules of a promotion or terms presented at the time you submit personal information, so the third party can administer the promotion, send you offers or content or add you to their mailing lists;
- Share your information upon notice posted on an applicable location of our Services where we collect your personal information for an economic transaction and notify you that we will be sharing such information with a third party;
- Use and share your information with our third party survey partners to send you periodic surveys to help improve our Services;
- Use and share your information in connection with online loyalty, membership or rewards programs operated from our Services or with a third party from which you may receive goods or services in connection with such a program; or
- Use and share your information with permission from you.
Additional Data Collected and Used by an MLBAM Partner
- For adweek.mlbam.com, which is operated in conjunction with Prometheus Global Media LLC, no additional terms apply.
- For gpp.mlbam.com, which is operated on behalf of Global Poverty Project, Inc., click here.
Other Information Collected And Shared Within Our Services.
Our Cookies and Web Beacons
We use and permit automatic methods such as cookies (small amounts of data which include a unique string of characters sent to your browser or application from a website's computers and stored on your computer's or device's hard drive), web beacons (technology used to track activity, also known as pixel tags) or similar technologies, alone or in combination with personally identifiable information you choose to provide us. Examples of the information we collect and analyze using such methods include, but is not limited to, the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet; email address; login name and password; operating system type, version and computer or device platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locator clickstream to, on and from our Services, including date and time; and products you viewed or searched. We use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from a page. We use and may allow certain third parties, such as those who provide services associated with our Services, to access these automatic data collection methods to enable you to use a "shopping cart" while using our Services, to store your preferences and to improve, deliver and customize our Services' content and offerings.
Third Party Cookies and Web Beacons; Network Advertisers
- Our Cookies and Web Beacons
Other Circumstances When Your Data May Be Shared
Aggregated Demographic Information.
We may share aggregated demographic information with third parties. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
As time passes, MLBAM may be sold along with its assets, or other corporate transactions may occur. In such a case, our customer information may be one of the business assets we transfer.
Disclosure for Legal Purposes.
- Aggregated Demographic Information.
Managing Your Information
You may choose and control what information you provide about yourself and certain information which is automatically collected via our Services. If you do not wish to provide certain information necessary for enhanced functionality or content on our Services, please do not use such functionality or content.
If you want to review or revise the personal information you provided while using our Services, or change the promotional email communications or newsletters you receive from MLBAM, you may call MLBAM.com Customer Service at 866-800-1275.
Remember that when you share information publicly online, it may be indexable by search engines or recorded by others, and any search engine index or record of your information may persist after you delete the information at the original source.
No Spyware or Adware.
We do not install any spyware or adware in connection with our Services, or distribute any commercial message, or authorize any third party to distribute any commercial message, by means of spyware or adware. "Spyware" or "adware" is any software which has been downloaded to or installed on an Internet user's computer or device, without the user's actual consent, and facilitates the distribution of any commercial message to the user. If you feel you may have spyware from another company installed on your machine, there are various anti-spyware/adware software applications available on the Internet to identify if this has occurred.
Your California Privacy Rights.
Special Rules For Children.
Contact Us Regarding Privacy.
MLBAM.com Privacy Administrator
Address: 75 Ninth Avenue
City: New York, State: New York Zip Code: 10011
Phone: (212) 485-6142
Fax: (212) 485-8111
Or send an email to email@example.com.
Notification of Changes.
Last updated and effective date: September 20, 2013
- No Spyware or Adware.